Monday, February 28, 2011

Amazed

I am sure every parent goes through this same amazement of what your child does, but since this is so new to me, I thought I would write about it. I am simply amazed every day how much Anderson is learning. Even though he has not yet said a real word, he somehow can understand almost everything we are saying. Here are a few things he has done that simply amaze me.




1. We have a water cooler for drinking water since sometimes the water here is iffy. Now when his water cup is empty he will take his cup to the water cooler and place it on the little ledge for us to fill up his cup.

2. We give him a bath almost every night since he loves to play outside and gets really dirty and sweaty, plus it is a great start to his bedtime routine. After his bath at night I hang up his washcloths over the shower rod to dry out for the next bath. During his bath, once he feels he is done playing and ready to be done, he points up to the wash cloths so I know to finish with his bath time and clean him off.

3. Whenever he is ready to eat his breakfast, lunch, or dinner, he walks over to his high chair and wants in it. Or if he forgets it is time to eat, but I mention those words, he will go over to the chair too.




He has pretty much mastered the pointing at what he wants or at least in that general direction for us to figure it out. He is trying so hard to talk, he babbles a lot and will grunt, but no words have really formed yet, but I think he is close. I have a feeling his first word is going to be "woof" because every time the dogs start barking at something outside, Anderson has to go out, and start barking with them. He doesn't actually bark, but he goes "uhh, uhh". It is quite funny.



Like I said, I am sure every other parent has already been through this, but I am just so happy to see him learning and understanding the world around him. We are having such a great time with him, but it is really exhausting, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment